Do any of you record what you eat in a food diary? I know you're supposed to, and I understand why it's a good thing, but I can't keep it up. Tell me how you do it successfully!!!!
Faithfully. :) It took me months to get in the habit, but I keep a pretty little book in my purse and write down everything. I would say for me, it has been essential to my weight loss. Give it time and keep trying - once it's a habit, it will be easier. I also try and not make it complicated so it only takes a few seconds or a couple of minutes once or twice a day.
Marianne -- When I've done best at losing weight in the past, I've also kept a log. I agree that the simplier the better and a little note book does the trick. I also tried fitday.com for a while. It was not as easy as I would have liked, but could track calories, nutition, carbs, etc -- much better than I could. While I've not used the site to track what I've eaten in months -- I still like the weight/weight goal tracker. Even for those long plateaus, it shows me how far I've come. If anyone's tried other sites that they've like -- I'd love to check them out.
Faithfully. :) It took me months to get in the habit, but I keep a pretty little book in my purse and write down everything. I would say for me, it has been essential to my weight loss. Give it time and keep trying - once it's a habit, it will be easier. I also try and not make it complicated so it only takes a few seconds or a couple of minutes once or twice a day.
ReplyDeleteMarianne -- When I've done best at losing weight in the past, I've also kept a log. I agree that the simplier the better and a little note book does the trick. I also tried fitday.com for a while. It was not as easy as I would have liked, but could track calories, nutition, carbs, etc -- much better than I could. While I've not used the site to track what I've eaten in months -- I still like the weight/weight goal tracker. Even for those long plateaus, it shows me how far I've come. If anyone's tried other sites that they've like -- I'd love to check them out.
ReplyDelete